Fall is finally here and I could not be happier! Don’t get me wrong, I love summer, but there is just something special about fall…. especially when you are in the Midwest. Leaves changing from green to burnt orange and fiery red, cool evenings, fall recipes, cider mills , bonfires, football, and Halloween are all reasons to embrace this season.
My top 5 favorite things about fall:
1) Fall trends. Yes! Yes! Yes! Time to break out the boots, jeans, flannels, and cute scarfs!
2) Pumpkin everything. Hellloooooo PSL! (made with soy please). Besides the infamous Starbucks Pumpkin Spiced Latte there are TONS of other delicious pumpkin foods and beverages out this time of year. To name a just few: pumpkin coffee, pumpkin chili (which I will be posting a delicious recipe for soon. Posted-Check it out here!), pumpkin soup, pumpkin ale, pumpkin pancakes, breads, and muffins, pumpkin oats, & pumpkin pie.
3) Tailgating. What is better than the combination of friends, food, adult beverages, & football? Nothing, that’s what.
4) Halloween. Trick or treat?!? You either are dressing up, passing out treats, or walking adorably dressed up children around the neighborhood to get candy. This is one of the most fun nights of year. Also, the movie Hocus Pocus airs multiple times and if you are lucky you will be able to watch it at least twice. Scary movie marathons, haunted houses, pumpkin carving, and corn maizes also fit in here.
5) Perfect running weather. Both the fall scenery and cooler temps make an outside workout more enjoyable then ever. Even if you don’t run, try going for a walk, hike or bike ride. Whatever you do, get outside, crunch some leaves, and savor the season!