Potatoes are a very versatile vegetable, a good source of fiber, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Potassium, and Manganese. Potatoes O’Brien are a classic and one of my weekend go-to recipes. They are great alongside a tofu-scramble, in a breakfast burrito, or alone smothered in ketchup.
- 2 medium potatoes, washed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup seeded, deribbed and diced green bell pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, add more as desired
- Black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet sauté onion, green pepper, red pepper flakes, and potatoes in oil olive over medium-high heat.
- Stir occasionally for approximately 20 minutes until vegetables tender and crisp. The onions should be translucent and potatoes nice and golden.
Season to taste with pepper. Serve immediately or refrigerate for later – they reheat nicely!