This fall-inspired vegan pumpkin chili was originally created for and shared in The Ann‘s November issue back in 2014. This chili is made with simple ingredients and prepared in a slow cooker which provides you the luxury of throwing in all the ingredients, going about your day, and returning to a delicious and warming dinner.
Full of hearty veggies, 3 different beans, and creamy pumpkin puree, this Vegan Pumpkin Chili is a fun fall spin on traditional chili that is sure to satisfy the whole family.
Tricks and treats for this vegan pumpkin chili
- Watching sodium? Use no-salt-added or a lower sodium tomato option.
- Serve with a variety of your favorite toppings such as: sliced avocado, tortilla chips, fresh cilantro, green onions or chives, dairy-free cheddar shreds and/or sour cream
- This chili recipe is delicious fresh out of the slow cooker, but it is even better a day or two later, so plan to save some for leftovers!
- Pumpkin chili can also be served over half a baked potato, pasta, or even spaghetti squash.
- This is a hearty, thick chili. If you prefer yours a little thinner than add a 1/2 cup vegetable broth
This is one of the easiest vegan slow-cooker recipes around.
Lastly, it’s gluten-free, top 8 allergen free, and oil free.
VEgan Pumpkin CHili Recipe <br><br>Details
1 – 15 ounce can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 – 15 ounce can of pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 – 15 ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 – 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree
2 – 15 ounce cans (or 1 large 28 ounce), can of diced tomatoes
3 large carrots, diced
1 bell pepper (green, red, or yellow), chopped
1 medium to large onion, chopped
4-5 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons oregano
1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoons allspice
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Salt and pepper to taste, add at the end
- Drain & rinse the 3 cans of beans
- Chop/dice carrots, onion, and green pepper; mince garlic
- Measure out spices, tomato paste
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker, cook on low for at least 5-6 hours.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy topped with toppings of choice!
This recipe is gluten-free, oil-free, and free of the top 8 allergens.
For more vegan chili recipes:
This recipe and post was update October 2020.